Ok, before we get started, let's look at the list from last year.
2017 Bucket List
- Visit at least one national park - DONE! Zion (May 2016) & Grand Canyon (May 2016) & Grand Teton (June 2016) & Yellowstone (June 2016)
- Shoot a gun - DONE!
- Run a new marathon PR (I technically didn't run a marathon period...)
- Visit (at least) one new country (not quite - but I did go to Banff!)
- Defend my Sky Island 50k course record (not quite - but I did run the Sky Island 25k and meet some amazing people and fall in love with running again!)
- Ride a horse
- Take a surfing lesson
- Attempt some sort of water sport without drowning (easier said than done with my swimming abilities)
- Stop chewing on my fingernails! (HA!)
- Eat a fish that I caught myself
- Hug a Redwood tree
- Give my friends uncomfortably long hugs
So, as you can see, I definitely spent more time on one specific area of my "to-do" list. I had a great year of travel and got to check off 4 National Parks off my list. While I definitely planned to check a few more things off the list, I can't say that I was disappointed. The main key for me in 2017 was to step outside my comfort zone - and I did just that! I ventured on trips with people I barely knew (or didn't know at all!) and expanded my horizons.
2017 was a big year of change for me! I learned a lot about myself, most importantly of which was what it was to be truly, ridiculously happy! A lot of that stemmed from my personal life, but at the same time, transitioning from the closure of EAE to my new spot at Dane's Body Shop has been a great professional change and brought a lot of good things to the business that is Swift!
So, in thinking of the things that I wanted to do this year, I wanted to include everything from last year (just because I didn't finish it, doesn't mean that I still can't!) into the list for 2018. And, keeping in the spirit of adventure and following your passion, I want to make sure that the resolutions and bucket list items that I set forth are going to be things that enrich my life!
So without further ado...
2018 Bucket List
- Start an adventure podcast with some amazing girls (details coming soon!)
- More National Parks
- Take a solo trip
- Learn to truly love myself and become comfortable in my own skin
- Gain new certifications in fitness and nutrition
- Road trip down the California coast
- Read at least 10 books
What are your 2018 resolutions? Comment below!