Amazon Prime Day 2019!
This blog post may contain affiliate links that I am compensated for. This compensation helps keep this blog up and running. I only recommend products that I use myself! Click here for the disclosure statement.
Tomorrow (or technically tonight at midnight (PST), begins Amazon Prime Day!
Last year, many hot-ticket items sold out in a matter of hours, if not minutes. We’ve linked below some of the hot selling items of 2018, which of course, includes Amazon products such as the Echo Dot, or the Amazon Ring doorbell. But the easiest way to follow the Prime Day sales will be to follow us in real time through our IG stories since so many deals will be for hours only!
Prime Day 2019 is Monday, July 15 and Tuesday, July 16, for a total of 48 hours, according to Amazon. Last year, the popularity of the sale caused the website to be down for most of the day, forcing Amazon to extend the sale into two days. We’re hoping that a two-day sale this year will help alleviate the tension!
One important piece to note for Amazon Prime Day 2019 deals: a membership to Prime is required. Good news: if you don't have an account yet, there's a free 30-day trial that you can use to access any deals tomorrow.
The best Prime Day deals we've seen so far are for smart-home minded folks, such as the Echo Dot at $24.99 (50% off MSRP) or you can get a free Echo Dot if you also buy the Amazon Ring video doorbell for $273.99 ($80 off MSRP).
If you’re more into Apple products - Apple devices are on sale early, too, including the newer Apple AirPods 2.
You can also snag a $10 gift card to Amazon when you shop this week at Whole Foods!
Best Sellers from this year:
Best Sellers from last year:
iRobot Roomba 671 Robot Vacuum with Wi-Fi Connectivity (Works with Alexa) $229 - I got a Roomba for Paul (and by default, me) for Christmas last year and that thing has been life changing. Not only does it work from Wifi (ie: I can turn it on when we're out to dinner), but I can also set up a schedule for it to run when I'm not home. The robots truly are "smart," and the Roomba will map out your house to make sure that it is cleaning thoroughly. We've had a couple issues where the Roomba gets stuck somewhere (usually because a rug pushes it into a cabinet), but it is smart enough to detect drop-offs such as stairs, and won't pick up anything that is too big or wet. This is a nicer version of the one that we have, considering that it has Alexa capabilities, but pretty sure this is a better deal than the Black Friday special I got - so get on it! Seriously, this thing is worth it's weight in gold for the amount of time it saves me.
23andMe DNA Test - Health + Ancestry Personal Genetic Service $99- I'm sure that you've likely seen these genealogy kits online before, but 23andMe allows you to submit saliva for testing for not just your ancestry but some really cool genetic markers, such as hereditary disease carriers, wellness markers, and genetic traits (like hair loss!). One reason I've commonly stayed away from such things like this is their price tag. A 23andMe test is usually almost $300, but today are only $99 on the Prime Day! Pretty awesome if you've been thinking about trying it.
Samsonite Prism Two-Piece Hardside Spinner Set (20"/24") $119- Getting new luggage is like getting socks on Christmas. It's not that exciting, but you know it's something that you are going to use and use frequently. So, Prime Day is the perfect day to stock up on some luggage. I really like the hard cases of luggage, especially if you're checking a bag. No worries about getting things knocked around and ruined that way! And let's face it, Samsonite makes some of the best, most durable luggage around, so this is an excellent way to stock up. Not to mention, this is a set of two, so you can match your checked bag to your carry-on in style.
Ninja Professional 72oz Countertop Blender $49- I know that not everyone has the budget to afford a Vitamix. Yes, they're awesome, but something about spending $300+ on a blender for my smoothies just seems too incredulous to me. (Yes, I do realize all the things that they do but I don't actually do those things so they're wasted on me) This Ninja blender is a great alternative to the Vitamix if you're not looking to spend serious money. It's nothing overly fancy, but it does the job well and the construction is solid. And honestly, for $40 it's a great blender to put through the daily use.
1. Sous Vide Precision Cooker | WI-FI + Bluetooth - These were a huge hit for Christmas gifts this last year and it's easy to see why. It's Bluetooth controlled and it's a simple set & forget (think Instapot!), but of course, your food comes out perfect. Each and every time.
2. Amazon Echo Dot - AKA "That Hey Alexa!" thing. These are probably going to be one of the first things to "sell out" on the Prime Day sale only because it's getting to the point where everyone has one. What's so great about Alexa, I mean the Echo Dot, is that you can ask it to play your favorite music, call your parents, or a variety of other tasks. Just like Apple's Siri, it's a great way to be hands-free and the technology is always learning new commands. And today, for Prime Day, they are almost 50% off!
3. Bose QuietComfort 25 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones - These were listed on Amazon's Sneak Peek Prime Day sale and I'm curious to see how much of a sale that we're talking here. I work a lot in loud places and I love being able to completely shut off the noise from the outside world. And besides, Bose makes some quality headphones, so you know they're going to be good.
4. Echo Smart Speaker - These bluetooth speakers pair with the Echo Dot and allow you to wirelessly play high-quality music throughout your house, as well as pairing with Alexa to do a wide number of commands. One of the best parts of the speakers is its multi-room music function, allowing you to play music on different devices. Consider it Alexa's bigger, more powerful brother.
5. Coleman RoadTrip 225 Portable Tabletop Propane Grill - This bad boy is a Prime Day exclusive launch. Paul and I use a Coleman grill for our camping, but this allows for so much flexibility! It allows you to swap out grill plates, for skillets, or you can use the burners separately. It's a bit more on the expensive end, but I think that if you are someone who camps frequently, the different features of this grill will quickly pay for itself.
6. Kindle E-Reader - There's a few variations of Kindle's on Amazon's site and they are all on sale today. I love the Kindle for two reasons. The first is that it's insanely lightweight and you can store all your favorite books on it for traveling. I love packing light so this guy saves a TON of space. The Kindle also has an anti-glare coating on the screen, so regardless of what kind of light you are in, it's easy to read. So, if I'm laying by the pool, I never have to worry about not being able to see the screen. And it never gets too hot and shuts off (thanks iPhone!). And did I mention the battery lasts forever? I've taken it on 10 day long trips and used it daily and still never had to charge it. That's lasting power.
What are you shopping this year? Leave your picks below!