Nordstrom Anniversary Sale - Open to the Public!
Today officially marks the opening day of the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale to the public, which means today is the first day that you can see all the sales without having to be a cardholder. I've been able to shop this past week and I made a few lists of some of my favorite items, but also some of the most affordable. One main thing I noticed (and isn't it the case with any sale?) that some things weren't that good of a deal. Or, sometimes, I find that it's easy to get caught up in the moment and spend too much money. Not everything on my list is going to be budget-friendly, but I do think that spending slightly more on quality pieces is important when it is something that you could wear for multiple seasons. So, without further ago, let's get after it!
1. BP Raw Edge V-Neck Tee $11 - These are the absolute perfect tees for everyday wear and at $11 you could have one in every color without breaking the bank. They're the perfect kind of thin, slinky and loose-fitting tee that feels lived in and forever comfy. They fit true to size (TTS), but you could go up a size to get a slightly looser fit. You could pair it with a cute bralette and let the wide neck fall slightly off your shoulder.
2. BP Textured Stitch V-Neck Pullover $26 - This is another example of a perfect, on-repeat outfit for the coming fall. I'm a huge believer in casual and comfortable clothes and BP makes some of the best. These pullovers are a little bit thicker than a normal long-sleeve tee, so it ups the coziness factor. The back hem is a little bit longer than the front, so it's the perfect length for tucking in the front. The slightly oversized neck fit lets your cute bralette show underneath and add contrast or a pop of color.
3. BP Raw Edge Scoop Neck Tee $18 - Again, hello cute and easy basic. The same slouchy tee that comes in a variety of colors. Perfect for grab and go wearing and casual comfort. It's the perfect style for an Austin fall. Layer with a cardigan or jacket in the morning and take it off in the afternoon.
4. Zella Old School Daydream Jacket $59 - I don't wear a lot of jackets in Austin because it never gets cold enough. But what I do look for are comfy and cute jackets that I can layer outfits with. For me, I want something that can go from the gym to downtown (because you know I don't dress up). I love the wide collar on this jacket. When you zip it up, it becomes a wide turtleneck for extra snuggly. This would be perfect post-gym athleisure or with jeans and a loose tee.
5. Zella Harlow Hoodie Wrap Jacket $65 - I love this Zella jacket for all of the reasons I loved the one above, but even more, this is less fitted and drapes just like a cardigan. This jacket is a bit more oversized, but it would be the perfect layer for a travel day.
6. Shiraleah Tyler Scarf $21 - This is probably my favorite thing from the N-sale this year. This is one of those scarfs that checks so many boxes: it's super large and fluffy, it's the perfect neutral, & it's long. I really like blanket scarves, but I feel like I spend more time arranging them than actually wearing. This snuggly guy is just a quick wrap around your neck and you're toasty warm.
7. Leith Ribbed Shawl Cocoon Sweater $45 - There was a lot of competition for the coziest cardigans from this year's N-Sale, including this one from BP (I love all the colors!) or these cozy ones from Barefoot Dreams. I have a couple of these Leith cardigans from last year's sale and I can honestly say they're one of the first things I grab for in my closet when the weather gets cooler. The material is super soft, slinky and doesn't pill or rub. The cocoon style of cardigan means I can wrap up in it and it's not overly long (I'm 5'3" and it comes to just below my butt). I like to pair it with jeans and a tee, but it's just as cute over a sheath dress or runched tank dress. (I have the Leith runched dress in two colors - I'm not much of a dress girl, but the runching on the front is so flattering and hides everything.)
8. Madewell 10" inch Button Front Jean $89 - These are my favorite jeans of all time. As a girl with a waist-to-butt ratio that doesn't seem to fit most jeans (you know what I'm saying: either it gaps at the waist or I can't them over my butt), these Madewell jeans are perfection. It's gotten to the point where the only jeans that I wear are Madewell, solely for the reason that I know the denim is high quality, doesn't stretch out throughout the day, and it fits my runner's body! These jeans keep selling out during the N-sale, but these are easily a pair of jeans you can keep wearing season over season because they are so classic. As well, the 10" rise is really flattering. I hate jeans that hit right at my hip bones because it always makes a muffin top. These come up just far enough to smooth everything out in a flattering way, but also without being "mom jeans." Shudder.
1. Vince Camuto Kochelda Over the Knee Boot $159 - So this falls into my class of investment pieces. I love tall boots, but I don't always want a heel. In fact, most of the time, I don't want a heel. I'm also not a big fan of the "riding boot," mostly because I don't have a horse. And, with short legs, they make me feel stumpy. These boots come in this beautiful light suede, but also a grey and black color, all of which can transition and pair with any outfit. A slight heel lengthens the leg without being four extra inches in the air. Here's the thing I really like - I strangely have an issue with calf size in most tall boots. I never realized that was a thing until last season when literally no boots would fit me. These come in a regular and wide calf, so you should be able to find a size that works for you!
2. Vince Camuto Kentvi Bootie $99 - I love the chunky heel on these shoot and the peep toe! And the grey is such a great color for fall. It's a perfect neutral whether you're wearing jeans or a dress.
3. Ugg Dakota Bow Slipper $79 - I bought a pair of these after my first marathon as a treat to myself on the achievement. They are hands down the most comfortable shoes that I own. They're faux fur-lined and the bottoms are rubber. They hold up incredibly well and are the best shoe to slip on when I slip my running shoes off.
4. Kristin Cavallari Lash Split Shaft Bootie $99 - These were another pair that I got last fall and I wore them almost immediately for Thanksgiving. The chunky heel and peep toe are super comfortable. I walked around in them all day and never felt it (and I'm not a high heel girl).
5. BP Kerry Bootie $69 - I LOVE a cute flat bootie. I would say I reach into my closet and grab flat 99% of the time. These would look extra cute with a skinny pair of jeans and a jacket. Or, you could pair with a romper and a floppy hat for a boho/festival vibe.
6. Lucky Brand Yabba Wedge Bootie $86 - I really like Lucky Brand because they make really high quality leather products. I've never been disappointed with anything that I've gotten from them. I love these booties as a way to add height, but also make it comfortable in a wedge form. These wedges easily make a casual outfit slightly more dressy.
7. Vince Camuto Reeista Bootie $99 - I sincerely believe that I was born in the wrong decade. I love this golden brown bootie color and I'm pretty much just a sucker for all things Vince Camuto. But, this is seriously 70's vibes and I think it would be adorable paired with a floral dress (or a long sleeved version!) and jacket.
8. Caslon Aiden Wedge Sneaker $79 - Since I primarily live in workout clothes and athleisure, I like a shoe that adds a little bit of dressy to a workout outfit. These have a wedge heel, but it's very slightly, so it can convert into brunch immediately after that Sunday workout (see, I'm thinking ahead!). I can totally see myself wear these shoes with a pair of black faux-leather leggings and a slouchy sweatshirt.
1. RevitaLash Advanced Duo $98 - This is THE product that I have to stock up on each N-sale. It makes my lashes so long and it basically comes in a 2-for-1 package right now. Each one of these tubes lasts me between 2-3 months and I only apply it once at night before I go to bed. If you're spending money on false lashes right now, seriously, stop. This stuff is awesome.
2. Luxie Face Complexion Set $35- I'm not a big makeup person because I work in a gym. But, this is a great brush set for people like you and I who don't necessarily need specific brushes for each eyeshadow. It's also a great deal for multiple brushes, too!
3. Philosophy Purity Trio - Pretty much the best smelling bath lotion of all time, plus it makes your skin feel amazing!
4. T3 Single Pass Curl 1.25 Curling Iron $107 - T3 makes some of the best products when it comes to curling or straightening your hair. I have their straightener, but also this curling wand. It is practically the only thing that keeps curls in my hair for longer than about 10 minutes. This is their curling iron model, so if it's anything like the other two products, it's going to be amazing.
5. Too Faced Hangover Prime, Set, Refresh Set $39 - I mix up my skincare pretty regularly, but I really like the Hangover products. I use the primer before I run because it helps provide some hydration to my skin and I feel like it doesn't sweat off and burn my eyes.
6. Clinique All About Nudes Lip Color + Primer Set $29.50 - I'm not big into bright colors for lips, mostly because I have thin ones so I think (on me) it doesn't look good. But, I do like a subtle little pop of color. All of these colors from Clinique are subtle, pretty shades for fall that I think will good on all complexions.
7. Alterna Caviar Set $72 - I've been using Alterna's CC Cream as a leave-in treatment in my hair and I love how silky soft it makes my hair feel. I alternate shampoos fairly often to prevent buildup, but these are salon quality good and this is another one of Nordstrom's 2-for-1 deals during the Anniversary sale that can't be passed up.
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Full disclosure statement here.