Weekly Amazon Roundup
I'm going to start a weekly blog post entitled - Weekly Amazon Roundup. And by that, what I really mean is: "What Ashley Bought on Amazon in the Past Week." To be honest, with the invention of the internet, and now, home delivery of pretty much everything, I can't think of a reason I need to leave my cats home alone. I'm kidding. Sort of. Okay, not really.
But regardless, I thought it would be interesting to show you guys what I have been into the past week. So, let's get to it.
1. Wet Brush Pro Detangle Hair Brush - So, if you've been reading the blog for long, you might know that I had quite a...umm...hair-raising experience at the Vancouver marathon. And by that, I mean I ran 26.2 miles with french braids and had some sort of terrible rat's nest when I was done. I also had a lot less hair post-marathon than I did prior. It was brought to my attention that I needed one of these brushes (thanks Amy & Jenn!). Use it wet, use it dry. Doesn't pull out your hair. Helps detangle sad, fine hair like mine! And bonus - it's so cheap! Get one for your gym bag, get one for your house.
2. Ozera Reusable Popsicle Molds - I've been on a drink making spree lately. I guess you could say that sometimes I miss my bartending days, but honestly, I just love making a good cocktail. I've been playing around with some smoothie ideas that include frozen cold-brew coffee and I needed some silicon molds. Then I found this. And my creativity went wild. To be honest, you could easily convert my Watermelon Mint Spritzer recipe into some dangerous adult popsicles (or maybe a tequila and jalapeno variation?). There's too many options! Ahh. So, of course, the only choice is to buy them and play with some recipes!
3. Stasher Reusable Silicone Food & Sandwich Bag - Let's talk about how cool these bags are for a second. First off, the amount of plastic that the world consumes is ridiculous. So, think about how many times you take a plastic bag out of the box, use it for your sandwich, and then throw it away! Too many. Seriously, you're a wasteful human. These bags are completely reusable, self-sealing, freezer/microwave/dishwasher/boiling water safe. They're also food-grade silicon so they're completely safe* (*is anything technically safe anymore?) to use however you see fit. They're airtight, too, so they can hold whatever you put in them without worrying about finding a sloppy mess at the bottom of your bag. Pretty dang cool.
4.TruSkin Naturals Vitamin C Serum - I've been using Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum for awhile now. My esthetician had recommended it to me to help with all those crappy signs of aging: lack of brightness & firmness, fine lines, wrinkles, dark spots & sun spots. You know, just the usual. (As though being 31 wasn't enough!) Not to mention, I already expose myself to all of the damage the sun can cause from running outside during the summer. It's an amazing serum and I love the way that it smells and makes my skin feel. And bonus: they're an Austin company! But, for us budget-friendly girls, the Drunk Elephant serum is definitely more expensive (and so worth it!), so it's not something that I can afford to continually replenish all the time (although, one pump is all you need and it lasts forever!) So, if you're in search of an affordable Vitamin C serum, this one is great. It isn't filled with artificial fillers or chemicals so it's skin-friendly. I promise you, after about a week, you'll wonder how you ever lived without this serum. I use it every morning in my daily moisturizer.
5. TULA Probiotic Skin Care Discovery Kit - While we're on the topic of things I use every day, I love this kit by Tula. It includes some of my favorite things in their line, as well as the perfect size and carrying case for travel. The Discovery Kit includes their Purifying Facial Cleanser, Day & Night Hydrating Cream, Illuminating Face Serum, & Pro-Glycolic Resurfacing Gel. I really like that TULA products use a probiotic technology, basically meaning that it helps boost the skin's natural defense mechanisms. I have fairly normal, T-zone skin and I find that it goes on smoothly and never leaves my skin greasy or sticky. I think that skincare is highly specialized to each person, but I have been known to have some cystic acne flares and this has never caused my face to break out. I use the cleanser in the evenings before my nightly skincare routine (Two pumps of the Resurfacing Gel & a small dab of the Hydrating Cream!) and I wake up with skin that looks happy and refreshed. I'll be writing more about my experiences with TULA and my skincare routine in the future, but this is a great way to try the products without having to commit to the full sizes!
6. Nuun Active Hydration Variety Pack - I'm a runner. In the summer. In Austin. Let's face it. I eat this stuff like candy. Or drink it like candy. Which is it? I don't know but I'm always in continual restock mode when it come to buying Nuun in large quantities. My favorite flavors are Lemon-Lime (like a light Gatorade) and when I'm looking for a bit of caffeine, Cherry Limeade. It's just an easy, zero-calorie way to add electrolytes to my water and make sure that I'm staying hydrated for summer runs.
7. Vital Proteins Stick Pack Sampler Box - Vital Proteins makes one of my favorite proteins. Ever. Unequivocally. It tastes like nothing when dissolved (two scoops daily in my coffee!), provides 20g of high quality protein, and collagen is excellent for hair, skin, and nails! Have I mentioned I'm trying to keep my skin looking young and fresh? Oh, I'm sorry, you must not have read the past three paragraphs. I'll wait. Regardless, the sample pack is a great way to try some of the flavored variations of the protein. I find that it actually works quite well to mix it with Nuun for a flavored fizzy drink in the afternoons. The Vital Proteins Stick Pack lets you sample all the flavors that Vital Proteins has - Collagen Peptides, Strawberry Lemon, Lavender Lemon, Marine Collagen, & Bone Broth. I personally am just a plain, unflavored Collagen Peptides girl, but I think that the Beauty Water lemon flavors can be good when mixed (although they're not my favorite). If you're looking for the stick packs in a single flavor, you can get the Vital Proteins Collagen Peptide Sticks in bulk, too! They're a great pre-measured option if you're on the go and don't want to scoop your protein out ahead of time.
8. Soma 17 oz. BPA-free Wide Mouth Glass Water Bottle with Silicone Sleeve - In an effort to a) drink more water and b) stay away from plastic, I give you this adorable water bottle. Did you know that almost every plastic water bottle (93%!) that you buy has particles of plastic floating in it? That's disgusting! So, in an effort to prevent myself from ingesting plastic, I've tried to switch over to plastic-free bottles. There are quite a few options on Amazon. I like this bottle from Bkr, but if spending that much on a water bottle isn't up your alley, this is another great option.
What have you been buying on Amazon this week? Leave your unique finds below!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Full disclosure statement here.