Swift + Hyperwear: Total Body Workout
Full body workouts are one of my favorites to program. Why? Well, in addition to having so many different options, I like to program workouts to be as efficient as possible. I know that no one wants to spend tons of time in the gym, especially when you're in a time crunch before or after work! This is a great combination workout that not only challenges your upper and lower body simultaneously, but requires you to engage and activate that core as well!
For this workout, I used the Hyperwear dumbbells. As you know from the Upper Body Workout, these are one of my favorite pieces for their versatility! (Use code 'SWIFTFIT15' for 15% off!) As always, you can adjust the dumbbells according to your strength, but for this workout, I would highly suggest going heavier than normal and scaling down for the front raise (if necessary!)
It's challenging and will get your heart rate up! Try it and let me know what you think.
Total Body Workout
Plank Row + Pushup - 10 repetitions
(Right + Left = 1 repetition)
1. Start in the high plank position, shoulder directly over the wrist, core engaged.
2. Row one dumbbell up to your chest, elbow tracking alongside the body, thumb upwards to the armpit. Make sure to not let the hips dip or pike as you row. Switch arms and row the opposite arm up in the same manner.
3. Lower down into a tricep pushup position, letting the arms track alongside the body, keeping the core engaged. Push up strongly and repeat the row.
Thrusters - 20 repetitions
1. Start with dumbbells in either hand.
2. Shrug your shoulders, pulling the weights to your shoulders, elbows pointed forwards as in the front rack position. Do not let the elbows dip throughout the exercise.
3. Inhale, squat down, sending the hips back, maintaining a tight, engaged core and an upright torso.
4. Exhale. Explode upwards to standing, pressing your arms overhead to full extension at the same time.
5. As you lower the weights back to your shoulders, send the hips back, pushing backwards into the squat position. Make sure to keep your core engaged and your elbows parallel with the ground.
Side Lunge with Front Raise - 15 each side
1. Start in a standing position, with dumbells at your sides, palms facing inward.
2. Step out laterally, sending the hips back, keeping the lunging leg's knee over ankle. Keep the torso tall and the core engaged.
3. At the bottom of the side lunge, raise both arms, palms facing down, making sure not to shift the weight in your lower body.
4. Return to standing.
5. Perform all lunges on the same side before switching to the opposite leg.
Single Arm Snatch - 20 total, alternating
1. Start with the dumbbell in between your feet.
2. Hinge back at the hips, back flat, looking forward. Keep the knees tracking above the ankles. Reach down to place one hand on the weight.
3. Without the assistance of the opposite hand, explode upwards, extending through the hips, knees and ankles, to pull the weight overhead in one movement.
Tip: Think of the weight like a zipper. Keep it as close to the body as possible.
4. Bring the weight back down to the starting position, keeping it as close to the body as possible. Switch hands at the bottom.